Are you considering selling your home? Good news! We are currently in what we call a “Seller’s Market”.
This means that the current real estate market has lots of buyers looking for homes and few houses for sale. With the seller in the driver’s seat, purchase offers tend to get cleaner, with fewer demands from buyers. Offering prices typically come in at or even over the asking price. When supply is low and demand is high, it’s challenging for buyers. Now is the time to sell!
Quick Facts About the Current Market:
- July Existing Home Sales increased 2% from June to the highest level since September 2013.
- Housing Starts and Building Permits for July also exceeded expectations, blasting ahead 15.7% to an annual rate of just over one million units. Starts are now up 21.7% compared to a year ago, with strong gains in the past year for both single family starts, up 10.1%, and multi-family, up 44.7%.
- The August NAHB Housing Index showed that home builder confidence increased to the highest level since January. New Building Permits increased by 8.1% in July, also to just over one million annual rate.
- The Chief Economist of the National Association of Realtors suggested that stronger job gains and “improving inventory conditions” have favorably impacted real estate sales.
- Nationally, the July inventory of existing homes for sale rose to a 5.5 month supply but the Metro-Atlanta area remains at a 4.4 month supply. What a great time to list a house!
- According to the Atlanta Board of Realtors, the average sales price in the 11-county Metro Atlanta area for July was $292,000, which is 7.7% higher than a year ago.
BEST OF ALL: Inventories have been growing for 7 months now and are 5.8% higher than a year ago!
Why should you list with me? Because my office, Keller Williams Realty Metro Atlanta, sells more homes than any other office in our area! I personally have 7 closings in the next month! One of my most recent listings was only on the market for 15 days before it went under contract.
Home prices are steadily increasing since the Real Estate collapse a few years ago. Are you wondering what your home is worth? Contact me TODAY for a free comparative market analysis.
Let’s get your home SOLD!