It’s finally Friday!!! Wondering what to do tonight to kick start your weekend? Here’s a list of happenings around town for you to look forward to as you wind down your work day:
World Cup matches
- Switzerland vs France 3pm
- HondurasvsEcuador 6pm
The Decatur Beach Party is today from 5-11pm, at The Old Courthouse on the Square (101 East Court Square), they’re making a beach on the square with 60 tons of sand, music, games, food, and everything. This is so crazy sounding! $10 cover at the gate, I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything like this before.
Fernbank (767 Clifton Rd) has a Fernbank Forest Twilight Tour tonight at 7pm, it lasts for two hours and lets you learn about the forest ecosystem with a tour guide. $5 cover, reservations required (404.929.6400)
The WonderRoot has Brian Emond performing stand up tonight at 9pm with several other comedians, $5 cover, BYOB.
The Village Theatre (249 Decatur St) has the Captain’s Log Comedy Show tonight at 10:30pm, Atlanta’s only improvised Star Trek comedy show!
Other cool stuff
Thee High Museum has half-price admission from 5-10pm tonight, along with live music.
Fernbank Museum (767 Clifton Road) has Martinis & IMAX tonight at 7pm, tickets are $8 and Great White Shark will be shown at 8 and 10m and Island of Lemurs will be shown at 9. They’re selling $10 beer flights from Three Taverns Beer too.
At 10pm, the Beep Beep Gallery (696 Charles Allen Drive) is having the 38th installment of Invent Room Pop, “Six musicians are invited to play in duos and trios determined at random, with names drawn out of a hat.” Always an interesting night at Invent Room Pop.
The Basement has the EAV Summer Dance Party tonight at 9pm
For more live music happening tonight, keep your eyes on Wyld Bill’s Picks!
Friday, June 13th
Regular Friday Stuff:
Food & Drinks
- Hand in Hand off of N. Highland in Virginia Highlands has $2 burgers all day. 21+ once it gets dark.
- Jack’s Pizza has $4.44 slice of pizza + 40oz beer, all day. Jack’s has an interesting atmosphere…you never really know what to expect. But if you are looking for an original and maybe even crazy slice of pizza, this bar off Highland Avenue is the place for you.
- Fernbank has Martinis & IMAX from 6:30 every Friday, tickets are $12. On the first Friday of every month there’s also live local funk music, and on 3rd Friday of the month there are salsa dancing lessons going on as well, all for the price of your $12 ticket, so definitely go on the 1st or 3rd.
- Castleberry Hill Art Stroll is a nice self-guided tour of all the galleries down in Castleberry Hill, and happens every 2nd Friday of the month, from 7pm-10pm.
- High Museum has Jazz Fridays every third Friday of the month, “an evening of art and music” that they keep the museum open extra hours for. Free with museum ticket.